23750 Alessandro Blvd Suite I-105, Moreno Valley CA 92553 kianilawfirm@gmail.com
Like Us On:
Call Us Today

Personal Injury Claims in Moreno Valley, California

Turn to the qualified legal team at the Law Office of Dariush Kiani in Moreno Valley, California, to provide guidance through the complicated personal injury claims process. Our personal injury attorneys offer comprehensive services to help you understand the legal procedures surrounding your case.
Car Accident — Injury Claims  in Moreno Valley, CA


Under California law, there are different ways in which to properly handle an injury claim. You have different rights and entitlements depending on how you were injured and where. Scroll down to find the type of case that describes your situation.
 Injury claim — Auto Accident Lawyer in Moreno Valley, CA


Being in an auto accident is very traumatic. You are confused, possibly hurt, and, in all likelihood, quite upset and frustrated. The following are some of the questions most people ask both before and after the accident. If you have more, feel free to e-mail or contact us with any of your concerns.


Do I really need auto insurance and a driver's license?
Absolutely! It (or compliance with the “financial responsibility” statute) is mandatory in California if you want to drive in California. You are required to disclose your insurance company name to any police officer that investigates an accident you are in. If you are not insured, you could lose your license for a year, even if the accident was not your fault. If you decide to tell the police officer that you are insured and it turns out you were not telling the truth, then you could be fined and/or sent to jail.
In addition, if you do not have insurance and are involved in an accident you may be precluded from recovering compensation for your pain and suffering, even if the accident was not your fault. Minimum insurance coverage requirements: property damage—$5,000.00; bodily injury—$30,000.00 for two or more persons per accident ($15,000.00 maximum per person).
Who needs a driver's license?
That's simple. Everyone who operates a vehicle on a public highway. There are, of course, different kinds of licenses... motorcycle, truck, auto, etc. However, you should keep in mind that just because you did not have a driver's license does not mean that you are automatically at fault or that you cannot recover any compensation. Please contact our office for a free consultation regarding your situation with your accident.
Despite advances in safety and technology, auto accidents still happen. When you are involved in one, it can become extremely intense, confusing, and painful. What should you do, what are your rights, what happens when someone is inured?
If I am in an accident, do I have to stop?
Absolutely! Even if the collision is not your fault. Regardless of whether the other “party” is a pedestrian, a bicyclist, or another car, you must stop and leave information about you and your car. You must notify the police if there was injury or death.
What if someone is injured?
You are required to give reasonable assistance to injured persons. An ambulance may be summoned, you may have to take the injured person to a doctor, or you may have to render first aid (if you are able to). You must notify the police. You may have to even try to prevent further accidents by alerting other drivers.
Should I call the police?
It is always a good idea to call the police and request a police report. A lot of police departments will not come to the accident scene unless it is a serious accident and/or someone is injured. Each department handles accident calls for service different.
What information should I give and what should I get?
Driver's licenses, addresses/phone numbers, insurance information should be exchanged. Get a good description of the involved vehicles (make, model, year, license number/expiration date, and vehicle identification number, if obtainable. Names, addresses, phone numbers of vehicle passengers, witnesses. If witnesses won't stay for the police, then ask them to write down a description of what they saw, heard, etc. If witnesses are not cooperative, then try to get their vehicle license numbers. The name of each police officer at the scene. The location of the police department where a copy of the accident report can be obtained. Make a simple diagram of the accident scene. Also, and extremely important, take photographs of all involved vehicle, passengers, witnesses, and accident scene from the point of view of all involved persons. Get a good description of the accident (estimated speeds, direction of travel, street names, City, distances to permanent objects (curb, crosswalks, etc.).
What if the police give me a ticket?
You are required to sign it. Signing it does not admit your guilt; it only means that you acknowledge that the police officer gave you a ticket and that you promise to appear in court (where you are given the opportunity to defend yourself). Note well, however, that it is not a good idea to plead, “guilty” at the hearing on the ticket since that may be used against you in any civil action that may be taken against you. It is best to plead, “No Contest” if you do not feel you can defend the ticket successfully.
Who do I have to report the accident to?
Police department if there is an injury (it's a good idea to call even if there isn't) You Insurance Company should be notified Department of Motor Vehicles (D.M.V.) if property damage exceeds $500.00 or if there is an injury to anyone or if anyone is killed. The accident should be reported on form D.M.V. SR-1. Your insurance company will give one to you or you can get one directly from the D.M.V.
What if I'm injured? What do I do and who pays?
If you're injured, see a doctor as soon as possible. If the other person is responsible, then that person's insurance company must pay for things like your reasonable and customary medical bills, your lost income, your pain and suffering, and your property damage (including the loss-of-use of your vehicle for a reasonable period of time) etc. At the Law Offices of Dariush Kiani we can take care of all of your problems and all of your needs in relations to any accidents.
Slip and Fall accidents are some of the hardest Personal Injury cases to handle. In fact, many Personal Injury Law Firms no longer handle them. This is due to the fact that just because you happen to fall on someone else's property does not make that property owner automatically responsible for your injuries and losses. If the property owner created a dangerous condition on his property, or knew (or in the exercise of ordinary care, should have known) about a dangerous condition on the property and failed to either protect you from it or failed to warn you about the condition, then the property owner is probably responsible for your injuries and damages.
A pet/animal owner is responsible for injuries and damages caused by his animal. In California, the law no longer permits the animal to have, “one free bite.” The animal owner is responsible for keeping his animal properly housed and controlled.
When a person is killed, either intentionally or unintentionally (i.e. -through negligence), by another person, then the responsible person is liable for all damages that resulted except for “pain and suffering.” In other words, “pain and suffering” damages is something the deceased person felt and it was unique to him/her. As such, money damages for “pain and suffering” cannot be obtained after the death of the victim and, therefore, they are not transferable to the decedent's “heirs.” The damages that are recoverable by the “heirs” include medical expenses, lost income, distress, loss of consortium, etc.
There are many different types of Medical Malpractice cases. But essentially if you were injured because of something that a medical practitioner (for example a doctor, a nurse, or even a hospital) did wrong, then you may have a claim. Please note that the area of Medical Malpractice is heavily regulated and you should not try to handle a case on your own if you do not know what you are doing. Get some legal advice and know what your rights are. The consultation is free.
Contact us in Moreno Valley, California, to schedule an appointment for a personal injury claim.